Web Content Management System Workflow Features, Functionality & Security
Workflow forms a critical part of any Enterprise level Web Content Management System. Successful workflows ease content bottlenecks, but carry a great deal of responsibility. Proper controls are required to regulate the accuracy, accessibility and quality of all published content. TERMINALFOUR Site Manager has a workflow engine that is more intuitive and powerful than any competing Web Content Management product in its class. Workflows can be created in seconds via a highly intuitive browser based GUI. Building workflows within TERMINALFOUR Site Manager involves selecting a number of steps to which logic is then applied regarding rejection, voting, alerting and triggering.
TERMINALFOUR Site Manager streamlines the work process by:
- Delegating the role of content provision.
- Centrally controlling the publishing process.
- Removing the publishing bottlenecks traditionally associated with busy webmasters.
Web Content Management Workflow Management Features
- Authorised users can be allocated specific functions and areas of the websites, intranets or extranets within the Web Content Management System.
- Rules and roles can be modified at any time using our intuitive browser interface.
- Content Approval/Rejection Cycle allows content to be returned to the author specifying why it is being rejected, including comments.
- Embargo, Review and Expiry Dates ensure that content is not released before it is required and that out-of-date content is either deleted or filed to an archive area for future reference.
- Workflows can be rapidly created via a highly intuitive browser based GUI.
- Advanced workflows can be created, including parallel and forking processes, that can even interact with third party systems.
- There is no limit as to how many stages a workflow may have.
- Workflows can contain multi-language logic, allowing content in a foreign language to follow a standard workflow and then be routed to a translator.
- Administrators can short circuit workflows to publish content instantly, using a number of "fast track" options, by-passing a given step, or the full workflow process
- Users can add a comment to each modification made.
- Workflow history with all voting, comments and rejection details are stored and accessible to the relevant parties
- Reports can be viewed, showing at what stage documents or content are within the various workflows.
- When reviewing content, all previous changes can be reviewed.
- The web content management system's Track Changes functionality allows you to identify the exact changes that have been made so you don't have to read the whole piece of content.
- Quick changes to content by occasional users can be made through "Direct Edit" functionality.
- Authors and editors can be notified by email or mobile text message when they need to review new content.
- With TERMINALFOUR Site Manager's E-forms builder, the system can be set to accept content input by site users, such as User Generated Content, which can, again, be workflowed around the organisation.